Tuesday, December 9, 2008



We constantly talk about how advertisements give us a terrible image of reality, and how that leads to people feeling bad about themselves. I believe that despite this, we still don't fully understand how drastic unreal image is. Multiple articles on the internet (sent to me by Molly) show the before and after photos of Jessica Alba for a recent alcohol add. This is not the first time I have seen Photoshop before and after photographs. it is rather easy to find portfolios for photoshopers. Looking at Alba's waist makes me sick. Based on this second photo, women (and men) constantly believe their bodies can look like that. Yet Alba is actually double the size. Photoshop has gone so far that even her saucy expression is desperately different. Join me in feeling sick. Maybe after seeing this I will be less jealous of fashion photos. I think the point is not, very few people can look like that, but nobody will look like that without a photoshoper present.

No comments:

Post a Comment