Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
The all new 2009 Cognitive Dissonance is jam packed with distressing features and conflicting emotions!
Let the auto industry take you on an exciting, terrifying journey!
Now you can go from pitying laid off workers, to raging against the incompetency of CEOs, to fearing for your own job if the economy collapses, and finally to the bitter indignation caused by the fact that our society depends on alienating and polluting vehicles in the first place!
Your head will spin, your heart will wrench and your nerves will be shot... all in less time than it takes to listen to the evening news!
And don't forget, any negativity and money hoarding will only make things worse, you fools!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
At one point I put it to him: "Do you ever get out? Do you ever see the appalling state of your schools and hospitals?"
He said to me, "Julian, that is a very homosexual question."
At that time, the [British] government of Tony Blair contained a couple of ministers who were homosexual.
Mr Mugabe referred to them as "the gay mafia". He thought homosexuals were out to get him.
And therefore anybody who criticised him became "homosexual".
- JULIAN MARSHALL, BBC FOCUS ON AFRICA PRODUCER, 1975-90
I love that his mind is exactly like that of an immature fifth grade boy.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
A favorite is the prosthetic leg.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Please ignore all the silly commentators (and the poster) on Brand New who have no sense of humour and don't understand that this is a joke.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
well for the record i CRIED! CRIED A BUNCH! It is so powerful! Please watch.
"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.
Also my mother recommended the film "Wendy and Lucy" she has not seen it but
apparently a superb film let's see it?
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I had not hear about it prior to being send this link.
When i read the headline i was disgusted. than after reading a sentence or two i gained new respect for the woman selling her virginity.
I remember during early high school friend of mine joking about doing a similar thing. One can sell anything, why not their virginity.
We equated it to prostitution though.
I applaud Natalie Dylan, though i fundamentally worry about the commodification of everything. As she explains, virginity as always been a commodity, but historically it was sold by a father to a husband. I hope she writes a paper on her experience.
Hello internet. I am returned.
I've just spent the last couple of weeks in sunny South Africa. I sunned myself under the blazing sun. The sun shone bright, except during the solar eclipse. My parents' son searched for solar panels, and bought himself sunglasses. Sun sun sun.
Sun sun sun.
I apologize for all the sun chat, but I'm just trying to keep the memory alive as I brace myself for the rest of winter in Canada. Canadians, do you remember the sun? He says hey.
Because I am lazy, here are lists:
South Africa Trip '09 - Pros
- Beautiful scenery
- Meeting relatives
- Seeing African animals in non-zoo settings
- Warm ocean
- Cheap booze
- Mountains! Everywhere you look!
- Seeing birthplace, old house, grandparents' house etc.
- Ability to instantly charm strangers when traveling with friendly 16 month old baby girl
- Biltong stores, stalls, and trucks (in style of ice-cream truck) everywhere
- Koeksisters in grocery stores, melktert on dessert menus
- Amusing violations of road rules
- Bizarre accidental bra strap tan
- Terrorized by jellyfish
- Terrorized by fleas
- Terrorized by Appletiser. South Africans, you need to work on your beverage standards. Appletiser is not apple juice, Sprite is not "the same as lemonade."
- Everyone sounding like they are related to me, accent-wise
- Horrifying story of old apartheid injustice coming out at unexpected moment
- Seeing poverty while in process of spending, spending, spending
- Stolen cellphone
- Being told that "Strong women in positions of power aren't women anymore. They are unpleasant men. But even so, I'd still have chosen Hillary over Obama."
- AIDS jokes