Monday, October 6, 2008

Olden days!

Oh boy oh boy!

The Onion has made me so very happy and laugh-y today.

Old-timey jokes and such are my cup of tea.

The Weekly is an old stand-by of delight in this genre. They don't update anymore, but there's lots of laughs to be had.

My predilection for this stuff also helps explain my affinity for Kate Beaton, which Rachel has already described.

I think I should note, however, that I actually don't like Married to the Sea at all. I don't think it's very funny, and they don't seem to respect the stock engravings that so warm my heart.

This genuine article is the greatest (via Jordan, Jesse, Go!)

I'm pretty sure I have more olden-time comedy links to share, but none come to mind at the moment.


OH! Except If you remember this you grew up in the 1890's, which is the greatest thing facebook has given rise to.


If anyone can think of any endeavours of a similar nature, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment