Saturday, June 27, 2009

If you're feeling depressed about Michael Jackson's death, at least you can take comfort in the fact that I've derived a little bit of good from all the attention it has been getting in the last few days.

Finally, FINALLY I have resolved something that has confused me since I was three years old.

Why, I wondered, have I got this strange memory of Michael Jackson and C-3pO giving me a personal tour of the EPCOT Center?


My family went to Disney World when I was three, and I now realize that what actually happened was that we saw this short film there. Somehow that mess of a production got mixed up in my little brain, causing me to leave with the impression that MJ and 3PO were working as Disney docents. You can't really blame me. I think that film would be confusing to adults. And the Star Wars rip-offs are hilariously blatant (Can I call them rip-offs if it was produced by George Lucas?)



I feel a little sad to have my amusing misconception cleared up. Kind of like the day I realized that the water tower near my house actually isn't an awesome, exclusive Dairy Queen in the sky.
Maybe this isn't actually a little bit of good like I said earlier. Maybe poor old Michael Jackson's just taking another piece of my childhood to the grave with him.

Oh wow, now I've depressed myself.



Ahhh. That's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment