Tuesday, September 29, 2009

this close to death

Hey everyone!
It is a shame that we rarely use this blog in recent months, and I hope that will soon no longer be the case!
Both bloggers are now living together in a modest apartment in Kensington market down town Toronto! Here is a short update on the housing process. We are trying to keep at 1970s found object vibe to the apartment. Almost everything we have was either found, thrift, or a gift.
Today we went to a local Portuguese shop that has lots of old house wear. I bought 4, Canadian coat of arms coasters, cera 1930s, there once! Today keeping with my obsession with Canadian paraphernalia I bought a plate.

Unfortunately after bringing the plate home I read "NOT FOR USE FOR SERVING FOOD". I would not have bought a purely decorative plate. I was planning on eating off it. I was concerned that perhaps the issues is that the plate may be poisons. I looked on the internet but unfortunately I can't find any information about the specific company Barton of Canada LTD. I did read that the colors used for the creation of decorative plates can contain heavy metals, which can easily pass into food and then into the body. There have been poisoning cases reported after people consumed food from decorative plates. Regular dishware presents no such risks.

In future I am going to have to remember to read the back of all plates I buy.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment